- Language syntax highlighting with color themes
- Within-line highlights based on a Levenshtein edit inference algorithm
- Side-by-side view with line-wrapping
- Line numbering
Nkeybindings to move between files in large diffs, and between diffs in
log -pviews (
- Improved merge conflict display
git blamedisplay (syntax highlighting;
--hyperlinksformats commits as links to GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket etc)
- Syntax-highlights grep output from
- Support for Git's
- Code can be copied directly from the diff (
-/+markers are removed by default).
- Commit hashes can be formatted as terminal hyperlinks to the GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket page (
--hyperlinks). File paths can also be formatted as hyperlinks for opening in your OS.
- Stylable box/line decorations to draw attention to commit, file and hunk header sections.
- Git style strings (foreground color, background color, font attributes) are supported for >20 stylable elements
|language syntax highlighting||✅||❌||❌||✅|
|within-line insertion/deletion detection||✅||❌||✅||✅|
|multiple insertion/deletions detected per line||✅||❌||❌||✅|
|matching of unequal numbers of changed lines||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|independently stylable elements||✅||✅||✅||❌|
In addition, delta handles traditional unified diff output.